Monday, August 31, 2009

My week in Denmark

I have now completed a very busy first week in Denmark, without having much time to share with you all what I was up to. I hope to be able to give you more regular updates in the future, now that I have settled into my routine. I have now started my classes, which are all very interesting. For my program core class we are working with asylum seekers in Denmark to produce a publication called New Times, which gives a voice to people who are often forgotten in Danish society.

I have also been busy exploring the city of Copenhagen. On Wednesday, I went on a scavenger hunt of the city with some classmates. I have also been exploring on my own. Central Copenhagen has a wealth of old buildings, many of which are within a short stroll from DIS.

I have seen Amalienborg Palace…

Rosenborg Palace…


The National Cathedral…

And Ørstedparken…

This Saturday my host family took me to Tivoli, which is an amusement park, with a variety of rides, as well as musical and other entertainment. We watched my host-brother ride the rides, while enjoying music and food.

Here are some photos of Tivoli.

On Sunday I visited the city of Roskilde, but I am going to reserve that for another post later.

I am enjoying my time in Denmark so far, and am looking forward to traveling in other parts of Europe. My first short trip is a few weekends, to the Danish-German border region.