Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break 2010

I am just 14 hours away from heading off on my penultimate vacation of two semesters studying abroad in Europe. I decided I wanted to see mountains again, as it has been many months since I saw anything larger that a hill, and so I am headed south to the Alps. My main destinations are Munich Germany, Salzburg Austria, Milan Italy, and Zurich Switzerland, with short day trips to Düsseldorf Germany, Turin Italy, and Vaduz Lichtenstein. I am very excited for this trip, because I am going to be traveling like most Europeans have for the last one hundred years, via train. Below is a map of my route. The blue line represents my flight to Munich via Düsseldorf. The red line represents my travels via train throughout the Alps, and the green line represents my flight back to Copenhagen. I am very excited to see all of these cities, to see mountains, and to travel my train. I will be blogging as I go along, and posting at least one blog per city as soon as I return to Copenhagen in two weeks time. Until then, Auf Wiedersehen and Arrivederci!