Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Final Weeks in Denmark

I have been pretty busy with school these last few weeks, but have also been trying to experience as much as Copenhagen as possible. I went into tourist mode again, trying to see the last few sights I hadn’t seen yet, and I am proud to say, I believe I succeeded. On top of final papers and examinations, I was able to visit all the museums, churches, and castles I had been putting off in the hope of better weather. Alas, summer-weather never arrived, so I just went out and saw them anyway.

In terms of museums, I have visited the National Museum, the New Carlsberg Glyptotek, The National Galleries of Art, The Thorvaldsen Museum, and the Open Air Museum. I also visited Frederiksborg Palace in Hillerød, Kronborg Palace in Helsingør, and Rosenborg and Christiansborg Palaces in Copenhagen. I also revisited some of my favorite places. It has been a great few weeks, and I only wish I had more time to write about it. Instead, I will upload just a few of my photos, with descriptions, in the hopes of demonstrating just how beautiful Denmark can be, even in bad weather.

The National Cathedral

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek

Thorvaldsen Museum

Gundestrup Cauldren at National Gallery

Open-Air Museum

Rosenborg Slot

Crown Jewels at Rosenborg

Frederiksborg Slot in Hillerød


Kronborg Slot in Helsingør, Hamlet's Castle

Frederiksberg Slot

Church of Our Savior

View of Copenhagen from the top of Church of Our Savior