Saturday, October 31, 2009

Transportation: Bikes, Part Two

Sorry for the lack of posts these 1st few weeks. It was midterms time here and Denmark, and consequently we have all been busy with papers and exams. In the end, we all survived, and we now have our two-week travel break. We are all free to travel Europe for two weeks, before returning to Copenhagen for the last part of the semester. I will be going to Russia the first week with a DIS sponsored optional study tour, and then I will be going to Seville, Spain on my own to explore. I wont have my computer in Russia, or perhaps Spain, so the blog is going to be pretty inactive for the next few weeks. Needless to say, I will be posting about my experiences in Russia and Spain just as soon as I can.

For the time being, however, I wanted to post a couple of YouTube videos of Copenhagen. The first is a travel video from 1953, showing what Copenhagen looked like fifty years ago. Some of it still looks similar today, while other things have changed quite a bit. Just a note on the video, it was made in the 1950’s and consequently is not subject to the same cultural sensitivity we are accustomed to today. Also, the narrator says Copenhagen very strangely.

The second video is about bikes in modern Copenhagen. They really do deliver the mail via bicycle, its wonderful.

I will be back in Denmark on the 14th of November, so check back then for a barrage of new blog-posts.