Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Second Semester in Denmark

My apologies for having neglected this blog for so long, especially as far as material on Denmark is concerned. I spent my winter vacation traveling in a very cold and snowy northern Europe, and have now returned home to Hillerød for my second semester in Copenhagen. It is a week into my classes, and I am looking forward to a great semester. I am studying ‘European Culture and History’ with special emphases on Czech History, the relationship between the environment of Europe and its people, Norse Mythology, as well as European Storytelling, and the beloved and best-known Dane, Hans Christian Andersen. I have a bunch of ideas for blog-posts about Denmark and its people, as well as some travel plans that are sure to provide interesting stories I will relate to you in due time. I am traveling back to Jutland for my third time this weekend. I will be visiting some places I have already been, such as Jelling and Ribe, and hopefully to some new places as well. At the very least I will get to see museums and churches that were closed over the holidays, when I visited last. For now however, I will post a few pictures of a field-study I took to Odense, the home of H.C. Andersen, where a museum in his honor has been built.